In the News
Letter to the Editor - Courier Mail - 05.08.2014 - CFMEU National Office
Courier Mail headlines underwrite Abbott’s anti-worker agenda and not the truth
It’s very disappointing, even if a little predictable, to see the Courier Mail and News Corp run such flawed coverage of Royal Commission proceedings. Today’s published material is a sadly incomplete and one-sided account of the evidence given at yesterday’s hearing.
There is no surprise in what the Courier Mail and News Corp press reported yesterday which was promoting the ideological agenda of Tony Abbott and big business not the facts that were presented yesterday.
Headlines representing Mr Ravbar, Mr Close and myself as thugs show a complete and utter disregard for the truth and at no point in Mr Stoljar’s opening were any such accusations made.
Apparently these journalists were not paying attention when the assertions made by Counsel Assisting about the CFMEU were shown to be based on flawed or zero evidence.
Great for Winter!
Buy a beanie! Great for Winter and the price includes postage to anywhere in Australia. Available from our webshop.
Bechtel Curtis Island
The Fair Work Commission Amended Interim Order requires all industrial action to cease. Members should immediately stop all industrial action and return to work.
A copy of the Amended Interim Order is available at the CFMEU Construction and General Division internet site and the CFMEU Construction & General facebook page.
K1 RNA Showgrounds
This notice is for the attention of the officials, delegates, officers, employees and agents of the Construction Forestry Mining Energy Union (CFMEU) and the Construction, Forestry, Mining & Energy, Industrial Union of Employees, Queensland (CFMEUQ) and workers covered by the Lend Lease Project Management & Construction (Australia) Pty Ltd/CFMEU Joint Development Agreement Mark 8 2012-16 including employees of Bosform Pty Ltd, Mack Steel Pty Ltd, VTS Rigging Pty Ltd and Place Corp (Australia) Pty Ltd. A hearing in regards to this matter is scheduled for this Thursday, 17 July 2014.
- An interim order was issued by the Fair Work Commission on 11 July 2014 in regard to- K1 RNA Showgrounds, Corner of Symes Street & St Pauls Terrace, Bowen Hills (the Site). A copy of this order is available here.
- The effect of the order is that all persons and organisations bound by this Interim Order must stop, not engage in and/or not organise industrial action in respect of work being conducted at the site and must not further engage in, recommence, or threaten to engage in, industrial action whilst the Interim Order remains in operation.
- In accordance with the Interim Order the CFMEU and CFMEUQ advises all parties bound by this Interim Order to:-
- stop, organising and refrain from further organising industrial action; and
- not aid, abet, direct or encourage any person to whom this Interim Order applies to engage in conduct referred to above.